Fall 2019 Tuition Exemption Forms Due Sept. 13
You may be eligible to receive Tuition Exemption Benefits at Columbia University, Barnard College and Teachers College. The cost of tuition is exempt, based on your eligibility and benefits coverage; however, you are responsible for all fees and non-tuition charges related to your course(s) registration. The Tuition Exemption Checklist- Support Staff is a helpful guide through the process.
To receive Tuition Exemption for the Fall 2019 Term, you and/or your dependent(s) must be eligible before the first day of classes.
If you or your dependent (s) have decided to take advantage of this benefit by enrolling in classes for the Fall 2019 Term, please submit all forms before the end of the Change of Program Period: Friday, September 13, 2019.
What You Need to Know
To determine your eligibility status, number of points/credits covered or to print your eligibility form go to CUBES; log in with UNI and password; click “Tuition”; select “Tuition Exemption – For Yourself” or “Tuition Exemption – For Your Dependents.”
Your Tuition Exemption form is now fillable, which allows you to complete the form online, print your name, date and save as a PDF so you can seamlessly attach and submit to your school.
Submit your form to Student Financial Services (SFS) or Bursar’s Office. The Tuition Exemption – For Yourself or For Your Dependent eligibility form must be completed, signed and submitted to SFS on your campus to be applied to you or your dependent’s student account.
- Columbia: email@example.com
Morningside: 205 Kent Hall. Medical Center: 1-141 Black Building
- Barnard College: firstname.lastname@example.org. Milbank Hall, Room 15
- Teachers College: email@example.com. Thompson Hall, Room133
Graduate-Level Studies (Course Numbers 4000 & above) – The first $5,250 of Tuition Exemption benefits in a calendar year is exempt from taxation according to IRS regulations. Additional benefits above this limit will be treated as taxable income, unless job related.
Job-Related Graduate-Level Studies (Course Numbers 4000 & above) – To receive tax exemption for Tuition Exemption benefits above the IRS calendar year limit of $5,250, complete and submit a Job-Related Graduate Education Certification Form – Degree Program or for Non-Degree Program each term before the end of the Change of Program Period. Consult the Job-Related Graduate Education Certification page for more details, forms and employee and supervisor instructions for processing.
To avoid late fees, processing delays or tax withholdings, you must submit this form before Friday, September 13, 2019.
For More Information
To learn more about:
- Tax treatment for graduate and undergraduate courses and job-related graduate level studies – go to the Tuition home page. To avoid late fees, processing delays or tax withholdings, you must submit this form before Friday, September 13, 2019.
- Tuition Exemption Benefits coverage and eligibility and Job-Related Graduate Education Certification – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-851-7000.
- Student account information or Tuition Exemption processing – email SFS at email@example.com.