Officers: Submit CTS Applications Starting July 1
To ensure your College Tuition Scholarship (CTS) Benefit application is processed in a timely manner, submit it to EBPA, the CTS administrator, as soon as you receive your child’s itemized college tuition bill. You may submit CTS applications for the upcoming Fall 2021 term beginning July 1, 2021. Please do not send in advance.
Tools and Resources
To receive the CTS benefit, Officers must apply each term. The following resources are available in the CTS tuition section of the HR website as a guide to help you prepare and submit your application(s) to EBPA:
Your Child's Tuition Bill
As part of the CTS application, you must provide a copy of the college or university’s itemized tuition bill. Traditional or online student account bills (e-bill) are accepted. The bill must include:
- College or university name or logo;
- Dependent child’s name;
- Itemized tuition amounts;
- Semester/trimester/quarter the student is attending;
- Dollar value of any scholarship, grants and/or awards received; and
- Payment mailing address information. If payment mailing address information is not printed on the online student account e-bill, provide a copy from the official website page which confirms payment mailing address information, and submit it with your CTS application.
EBPA will notify you by email if your CTS application is missing required information. Please respond as quickly as possible to avoid any processing delays.
If Your Child Receives Scholarship(s), Grant(s) and/or Award(s)
You must provide official documentation which details if those funds are applied specifically to “tuition,” or “may be applied to all charges” on the student account.
If you have questions about the CTS policy or other Tuition Program benefits, please call the Columbia Benefits Service Center at 212-851-7000 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday) or email [email protected].