Reminder of College Tuition Scholarships (CTS)
The Fall term 2018 is just around the corner. To ensure you receive your College Tuition Scholarship (CTS) benefit in a timely manner, submit your application to EBPA, the CTS administrator, as soon as you receive your child’s itemized college tuition bill. You may submit your CTS application for the upcoming Fall 2018 term beginning July 1, 2018. To receive the CTS benefit, Officers must apply each term. Below are a few processing requirements to keep in mind.
Your Tuition Bill
As part of your CTS application, you must provide a copy of the college or university’s itemized tuition bill. The traditional student bill or the online student account bill (e-bill) must include:
- College or university name or logo
- Dependent child’s name
- Itemized tuition amounts
- Semester/trimester/quarter the student is attending
- dollar value of any scholarship, grants and/or awards received, and
- If payment mailing address information is not printed on the online student account e-bill, provide a copy from the official website page which confirms payment mailing address information, and submit it with your CTS application.
Note: If EBPA notifies you that your CTS application is missing required information, please respond immediately to avoid processing delays.
If Your Child Receives Scholarship(s), Grant(s) and/or Award(s)
You must provide official documentation which details if those funds are applied specifically to “tuition,” or “may be applied to all charges” on the student account. For More Information:
- CTS Benefit Policy information – go to the CTS home page
- Instructions on how to complete your CTS application – review the CTS Benefit Checklist
- To print your College Tuition Scholarship – Eligibility & Application form – log into the CU Benefits Enrollment System with your UNI and password, and authenticate your access with DUO.
If you have any questions, please contact the Columbia Benefits Service Center at [email protected]a.edu or call 212-851-7000, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 pm.