Submit PTS - NYC Private Schools Applications, starting June 1, 2023
The 2023-2024 primary school year is just around the corner. To ensure your Primary Tuition Scholarship (PTS) benefit application for NYC Private Schools is processed in a timely manner, you may submit your PTS application(s) to EBPA beginning June 1, 2023. Please do not send earlier.
- Lunch & Learn, Primary Tuition Scholarship: Thursday, May 25: 12 noon – 1 p.m. An opportunity to learn all there is to know about your PTS benefit, processing guidelines and an opportunity to ask questions. Register now.
- EBPA’s CU Tuition Tracking System: Register to track the status of your application with EBPA. Applications will be available for tracking 2-3 business days after they are submitted through the portal.
Helpful Tools and Resources
The following resources are available on the Officers - Primary Tuition Scholarship website page:
- PTS - NYC Private Schools Checklist and Financial Information Worksheet - A helpful guide to prepare and submit your application(s) to EBPA.
- Primary Tuition Scholarship Policy
- Tuition Programs / PTS FAQs
As a reminder, the Primary Tuition Scholarship (PTS) Benefit pays between 10% and 35% of your dependent child’s K-8 tuition at a NYC Private School as long as you and your child live within the five boroughs of New York City and based upon qualifying family income. A child with two parents eligible for the benefit hired on or before July 1, 2011, and without a break in service of more than 31 days after July 1, 2011, can receive two scholarships simultaneously, up to a maximum of 70% of tuition.
If you are applying for PTS coverage above 10%, you must submit 2022 tax returns for the child’s family, which will be used to determine the qualifying family income. If you do not wish to submit tax information, your PTS benefit award will equal 10% of the school’s tuition.
EBPA will notify you by email if your PTS application is missing required information. Please respond with the missing required information as quickly as possible to avoid any processing delays.
If you have questions about the PTS Policy or other Tuition Program benefits, please call the Columbia Benefits Service Center at 212-851-7000 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday) or email [email protected].