Request Workplace Accommodations
If you have a need resulting from a permanent or temporary medical condition, the CUHR Leave Management Office provides the following services to support employees with permanent or temporary medical conditions:
- Arrange permanent or temporary accommodations in your workplace
- Assist you in understanding the medical leave policies, benefits and documentation they may need to submit
- Ease your transition from a medical leave back to work at the University
- Review Covid-19 related accommodation requests
University policies conform to the provision of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
How to Submit a Request
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all CUIMC employees requesting a leave of absence and/or other accommodations will be required to send the request to [email protected].
All requests require the following:
- Statement by the employee of the request.
- Medical documentation must be provided by a certified treatment provider applicable to the leave and/or accommodation request being sought and consistent with the type of health condition that is being treated.
- For child care issues only (when no illness is involved), no medical documentation will be required but a description of the need and hours of coverage will have to be outlined. Documentation may be required.
Upon receipt, the following review will occur:
- Statement will be reviewed by Leave Management to check for eligibility.
- Medical certification will be carefully reviewed by Leave Management.
• There will be follow-up with employee and/or treating physician; and
• As needed, department and CUIMC HR will review all relevant facts relating to the employee’s job duties.
- In light of the state of emergency and the complexities with COVID-19 requests for leaves and accommodations submitted by essential employees will be reviewed by Leave Management with guidance from OGC.
- The Leave Management Office will review requests with CUIMC HR prior to contacting the employee or the HR departmental representative.
All leave requests will be saved confidentially on a separate database for CUIMC requests only.
Whether you are returning from a medical leave, have a chronic condition, or need an accommodation for a temporary injury, COVID-19 related or the effects of a medical procedure, the CUHR Leave Management Office can coordinate with you and your department.
If you need a workplace accommodation, please submit to CUHR Leave Management:
You may also contact the office for a confidential consultation.