Ask Human Resources

Employment, Pay, Tax Info, Personal Data & General Information:

  • Hiring and personnel transactions (PAC)
  • HR policies and procedures
  • Job applications and employment
  • Paychecks and direct deposit
  • Personal data
  • Changes to personal information
  • Vacation and sick time
  • Tax information (W2s, 1042s); tax treaty exemption
  • General information
I am a new hire and don’t have access to Self-Service in PAC. How do I obtain access?

If you don’t have access to Self-Service in PAC, it is because you have not yet been set up in PAC. Please have your HR manager or Department Administrator submit your new hire paperwork (if not already submitted) to HRPC. HRPC can take up to 2 weeks to enter your information in the system. Once your credentials are loaded into PAC, you will have access to Self-Service.

How can I update my federal/state/city taxes? Where can I submit my IT2104 Form?

To make changes to the W-4 form, go to my.Columbia to view and/or update your HR data

For other forms, such at IT2104, please mail original copies to:

Human Resources
615 West 131st Street
4th Floor Studebaker
Mail Code: 8702
New York, NY  10027

How can I set up my direct deposit? 

My check was direct deposited into the incorrect bank account. How can I fix this?

If your check was deposited to a wrong (outdated) bank account, it is likely you updated your direct deposit information after payroll was already closed for processing. If the bank account is no longer a valid account, the funds will be returned to Columbia. Once the funds are received by Columbia, they will be redeposited using the updated banking information you have entered. 

 Go to my.Columbia to view and/or update your HR data

How can I update my personal information (mailing address, marital status, education, etc.)?

Ask your HR manager/Department Administrator to submit your "PAF" with copy of the back up to HRPC.

How do I verify employment?

To verify employment of a current or recent University employee (2004 onward):

Learn more

Submit a ticket to the HR Service Center:

Faculty & Staff


Phone: 212-851-2888

Office Hours:

  • Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

HRSC representatives are available to help you.

Ask HR

HR Service Center


Health Coverage, Leaves, Tuition, Retirement & Savings Accounts:

  • Medical, dental, vision or prescription drug benefits
  • Benefits during leaves of absence
  • Retirement and/or retiree insurance
  • Retirement savings accounts (TIAA or Vanguard)
  • Tax savings accounts (FSAs, HSA, Transit/Parking Reimbursement)
  • Tuition
  • Well-being and life status changes

The following are answers to the most common questions.
See the full list of Benefits FAQs.

What retirement benefits do I have?

Columbia University offers retirement planning and financial savings programs to help you plan for your future. Available programs may vary according to your employment group. 

Visit Retirement for more details

Where's my health plan card?

UHC ID cards have member information for medical, vision, and prescription drug coverage. You do not need separate cards for each benefit. After enrolling in a medical plan, it can take three weeks for a UHC ID card to arrive in your mail.

If necessary, you can print a temporary UHC ID card two weeks after enrolling. Create an account on to print a temporary ID card. Use your Social Security Number, date of birth, and Group number 712790.

How can I use my FSA funds? 

Dependent Care FSA funds can pay for eligible dependent day care expenses. Healthcare FSA funds can pay for eligible healthcare expenses. 

Learn more about FSAs

Unless you opt out on MyUHC, amounts you owe for medical, vision, prescription drug and/or dental claims under the Columbia-provided plans will automatically deduct from your Healthcare FSA.

After enrolling in an FSA, check the mail for a Health Care Spending Card (a debit card with a declining balance equal to your annualized contribution). This card is linked to your Healthcare and/or Dependent Care FSA accounts. It can be used at participating providers. If you do not use the card, you may submit a claim directly to UHC. You will receive a check at your home mailing address, or you can sign up for direct deposit.

How does that Transit/Parking Reimbursement Program work?

A monthly dollar amount of your choice, up to the annual IRS limit, is deducted pre-tax from your pay.

Learn more about Transit/Parking Reimbursement

Benefits Service Center

Telephone:   212-851-7000

Secure Fax:  212-851-7025

Email:  [email protected] 

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. 

Mailing Address: 

615 West 131 Street, Mail Code 8703
Studebaker 4th Floor
New York, NY 10027

Benefits Service Center staff are available to help you.

Benefits Service Center team October 2023
Ask Human Resources

Benefits Service Center