Image Carousel with 5 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
Job-Related Graduate Education Certification
Submit Job-Related forms for the Fall Term 2020
Tuition Exemption Benefits for You
and Your Dependents
Submit Applications for the Fall Term 2020
College Tuition Scholarship Benefit
Submit applications for
the Fall 2020 Term
Fall 2020 Webinar
Primary Tuition Scholarship Benefit
Submit Applications for the
2020-2021 School Year
Tuition Program Benefits
Columbia University has a long tradition of providing access to world-class education. Explore the tuition program benefits offered to you and your eligible family members.
The American Language Program
For the American Language Program only, the Tuition Exemption Benefit pays for one course per term, up to a maximum of two courses per academic year (all sessions during the Summer Term count as one term) for Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars, Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Postdoctoral Clinical Fellows. The Program does not pay for other courses, nor for any courses taken by spouses, same-sex domestic partners or children.
Please note, there is no waiting period.
How to Apply
For each term:
- To print your Tuition Eligibility form, log in to CUBES.
- You will be asked to enter your UNI and password and confirm your access using multifactor authentication (DUO).
- Once logged in, select "Tuition." On the Tuition Programs page, under Within Columbia University, select “Tuition Exemption – For Yourself.”
- Submit the completed and signed Tuition Benefit Eligibility form and, if it applies, your signed original Job-Related Graduate Course Certification form to email@example.com.
- Submit the completed and signed Tuition Benefit Eligibility Form to CU Student Financial Services before the end date of the Change of Program Period each term (see the Academic Calendar for details).
Retiree - Officers
HR Benefits is always available to support you. Please contact us with any questions you may have about Tuition Program benefits coverage and eligibility for you and your dependents
Benefits Service Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Email to submit a question
College and Primary Tuition Scholarship (PTS) application status and processing
Customer Service Center
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Email to submit a question
Data from Columbia’s Student Financial Services (SFS) shows that you are enrolled in graduate-level studies–either non-degree course(s) or a degree program for the Fall 2020 term. However, we do not yet have a supervisor certified Job-Related Graduate Education Certification (JRGEC) form on file for you.
If you or your dependent (s) have decided to take advantage of this benefit by enrolling in classes for the Fall 2020 Term, please submit all forms before the end of the Change of Program Period:
Friday, September 18, 2020.
If you or your dependent (s) have decided to take advantage of this benefit by enrolling in classes for the Fall 2020 Term, please submit all forms before the end of the Change of Program Period: Sept. 18
Note: Your employment at Columbia, or at other nonprofit or governmental entities, may entitle you to certain loan forgiveness under the U.S. Department of Education’s Public Loan Forgiveness Program. Questions about eligibility and qualifying loan payments must be directed to the U.S. Department of Education. For more information, please carefully review the information provided by the U.S. Department of Education.