Image Carousel with 5 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
College Coach: Spring 2022 Live Webinar Series
The High School Plan
Wednesday, February 9, 2022 | 1:00 PM ET
Tuition Exemption Benefits for
You and Your Dependents
Spring Term 2022 Deadline: January 28, 2022
Job-Related Graduate Education Certification
Submit Job-Related Forms
Primary Tuition Scholarship Benefit
Submit Applications Now
College Tuition Scholarship Benefit
Submit Applications Now for the Spring 2022 Term
Tuition Program Benefits
Columbia University has a long tradition of providing access to world-class education. Explore the tuition program benefits offered to you and your eligible family members.
The American Language Program
For the American Language Program only, the Tuition Exemption Benefit pays for one course per term, up to a maximum of two courses per academic year (all sessions during the Summer Term count as one term) for Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars, Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Postdoctoral Clinical Fellows. The Program does not pay for other courses, nor for any courses taken by spouses, same-sex domestic partners or children.
Please note, there is no waiting period.
How to Apply
For each term:
- To print your Tuition Eligibility form, log in to CUBES.
- You will be asked to enter your UNI and password and confirm your access using multifactor authentication (DUO).
- Once logged in, select "Tuition." On the Tuition Programs page, under Within Columbia University, select “Tuition Exemption – For Yourself.”
- Submit the completed and signed Tuition Benefit Eligibility form and, if it applies, your signed original Job-Related Graduate Course Certification form to [email protected].
- Submit the completed and signed Tuition Benefit Eligibility Form to CU Student Financial Services before the end date of the Change of Program Period each term (see the Academic Calendar for details).
Retiree - Officers
HR Benefits is always available to support you. Please contact us with any questions you may have about Tuition Program benefits coverage and eligibility for you and your dependents
Benefits Service Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Email to submit a question
College and Primary Tuition Scholarship application status and processing
Customer Service Center
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Contact Us to submit a question
You and/or your dependents may be eligible to receive Tuition Exemption benefits at Columbia University, Barnard College, and Teachers College.
As a Columbia University Officer, you or your dependent(s) may be eligible to receive Tuition Exemption Benefits at Columbia University, Barnard College and Teachers College.
To ensure your College Tuition Scholarship (CTS) Benefit application is processed in a timely manner, submit it to EBPA, the CTS administrator, as soon as you receive your child’s Spring 2022 itemized college tuition bill.
Note: Your employment at Columbia, or at other nonprofit or governmental entities, may entitle you to certain loan forgiveness under the U.S. Department of Education’s Public Loan Forgiveness Program. Questions about eligibility and qualifying loan payments must be directed to the U.S. Department of Education. For more information, please carefully review the information provided by the U.S. Department of Education.