Discounts & Perks
Columbia University faculty and staff may take advantage of free or discounted prices on a range of goods and services for work and/or personal use—from consumer electronics, to hotels, to event tickets, to wellness programs, to referral services.
Current Discounts & Perks
Arts Initiative at Columbia
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
ENROLL NOW for your FREE Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% OFF on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores (including Outlets), by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Offer: 15% OFF
Organization ID #: 06001
Organization Enrollment Pin: 72644
Organization Name: Corporate Shopping Company
When it comes to mortgages, Chase’s dedicated team can help you when buying or refinancing your home. Start now and get up to $750 of your mortgage. Get started now by call 1800-550-2684 or by clicking on the link below.
(For Hotels and Car Rentals, see Travel listings)
Millenia Optical is the Premier Optical suite of Harlem, providing the community with the best prices for quality designer prescription frames and shades. Our Doctor is on premises Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for Routine and Medical eye exams. Our professional staff are experts in finding the perfect eyeglasses for your face shape and lifestyle. We specialize in exceptional customer service and will always go the extra mile.
Exclusive promotions for Columbia faculty and staff:
- $100 off Designer Frames
- Buy ONE get ONE free on designer Sunglasses (of equal or lesser value)
- Special pricing on prescription lenses
- Columbia ID must be presented to take advantage of these offerings
Location: 469 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
(Corner of Amsterdam Ave and 125th Street)
Phone: (646) 767-9159
Fax: (646) 767-9249
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Humana, SpendLess is an online program that offers faculty and staff exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, The Children's Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PetSmart, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website
- Username: columbia
- Password: eap
- Click on "Click here for the Humana web site"
- On the site, move your cursor over the tab "What's On Your Mind" and choose "Daily Living" from the drop down menu
- You will find the "Discount Center" link on the right hand column
- Registration required.
Six Flags Great Adventure
Please use Working Advantage or TicketsatWork to purchase discounted Six Flags tickets
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees.
Tickets can be ordered online or by calling 1-800-331-6483.
Our company code: CUMC
Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
Now available to faculty, students and staff.
To register for your free account:
- Visit Working Advantage
- Click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page
- Then click "Employees Click Here"
- Company code: 99042065
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
18% off per month and other discounts.
Please use the following number, Faculty/Staff FAN: 2498569, or use vanity URL - http://www.att.com/wireless/columbiau.
Savings for Employees of Columbia University
Visit our T-Mobile Perks site for all current promotions!
Get premium features when you sign up for Magenta MAX & T-Mobile Work Perks:
- Unlimited talk, text and smartphone data on our 5G & 4G LTE network
- 5G access with compatible device & coverage area
- 40GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data
- Unlimited 3G speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot after 40GB (up to 600 kbps)
- Unlimited Premium Data…that means no throttling
- Up to 4K UHD video streaming (must activate Up to 4k UHD video streaming)
- 200MB domestic data roaming
- All recurring taxes and fees
- Mobile Without Borders
- Simple Global (up to 256 kbps)
- Stateside International Unlimited Texting
- Gogo in-flight unlimited texting and unlimited Wi-Fi
- Scam Shield Premium
- Netflix On Us (single line includes basic 1-screen; 2+ lines includes standard 2-screen)
General T-Mobile Work Perks Questions?
Contact your local Account Manager for more information!
Amanda Pagan-Glass ([email protected])
New T-Mobile Customers want to verify your discount?
Go to https://my.t-mobile.com/profile or open the T-Mobile app and log in
If you are not already on the Profile page, select Profile from the top right menu
Select Employment Verification
Confirm your employment status
Enter Company Name, First and Last Name
Enter Employment Work Email and Confirm
Enter Mailing Address
Offers subject to change without notice.
Get discounts on your monthly account level access fees on qualifying plans and enjoy discounts on eligible accessories.
To learn more and find out how you can get your Verizon Wireless discounts go to: verizon.com/discounts
Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without server) when signing up.
Verizon Fios Discounts on Home Internet, TV and Phone!
Special employee offer when you order new Fios Internet:
$34.99/mo. for 300/300Mbps plus taxes & equip. charges. AMC+ on us for one year.
$59.99/mo. for 500/500Mbps plus taxes and equip. charges. $100 Verizon Gift Card & AMC+ on us for one year.
$84.99/mo. for Fios Gigabit Connection (940/880M) plus tax. Gigabit offer Includes Free Router Rental, Whole Home Wi-Fi ^, 2TB of Cloud Storage, $200 Verizon Gift Card & AMC+ on us for one year.
Standard setup charge waived ($99 savings) when ordering new service online
Offer available online only at verizon.com/connections
Want TV? Get a $200 Verizon Gift Card when you add our best TV package to your order.
Above rates include employee discount and Auto Pay discount. Plus tax and equipment. 300M & 500M speeds offered in select areas of NYC Metro. New Fios Internet required. Offer expires 11/17/21
Already Have Fios? Existing customers may be eligible for monthly discounts, go to verizon.com/connections to see if you qualify!
Signing Up Is Easy
1) Visit verizon.com/connections and enter your work email address.
Don’t have a work email address, select “I don’t have a work email address” and follow prompts to verify employment
2) You will receive an email with a shopping link from Verizon Connections.
3) Click on the embedded link in the email. Then follow the prompts to start saving!
Questions? Contact – [email protected]
Offer only available at verizon.com/connections, orders placed anywhere else are not eligible.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer commuter benefits.
- Join as a Columbia University affiliate (students, faculty and staff) and receive a discount toward membership.
- Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city.
- Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive.
- Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
Travel planning service, at no cost, specializing in custom packages including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, and Adventures by Disney. Click on the link above to learn more and book your trip.
Hotels and Car Rentals
Hertz Car Rental Discounts for Personal Travel
Hertz negotiated rates for personal car rentals may be booked on the Online Booking Tool accessible via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
Hotel Discounts for Personal Travel
Access to competitive rates at over 44,000 hotel properties across the globe, from boutique hotels to major chains may be booked on the Online Booking Tool accessible via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
Note: New users must create an account to access the Online Booking Tool via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
- Visit the Office of Work/Life for wellness-related discounts on gym memberships, cycling, and nutrition.
- Get dental health discounts from Aetna for daily oral health care products.
- TalkSpace connects you virtually and confidentially with a professional therapist. 15% discount for University employees.
- Sanvello Self-care App helps diffuse stress, anxiety, and depression through on-demand coaching techniques. Premium services are free to UnitedHealthcare members.
- Call a Life Coach at no cost for guidance in how to achieve your personal goals.
CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Preferred Vendor List
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.
The Employee Assistance Program offers free and discounted referral services:
- Free, 30-minute Legal, Mediation & Financial consultations and referrals to professional services. Call 888-673-1153 (TTY: 711)
- EAP 24-hour Hotline provides confidential counseling and referrals to professional services: 888-673-1153 (TTY: 711). Six free sessions with a certified counselor per topic.