Discounts & Perks
Columbia University faculty and staff may take advantage of free or discounted prices on a range of goods and services for work and/or personal use—from consumer electronics, to hotels, to event tickets, to wellness programs, to referral services.
Current Discounts & Perks
Arts Initiative at Columbia
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1-800-Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
Register now and enjoy instant access - it’s easy and you can access the site from both work and home!
Enroll now for your FREE Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% OFF on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores (including Outlets), by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Offer: 15% OFF
Organization ID #: 06001
Organization Enrollment Pin: 72644
Organization Name: Corporate Shopping Company
When it comes to mortgages, Chase’s dedicated team can help you when buying or refinancing your home. Start now and get up to $750 off your mortgage. Get started now by call 1-800-550-2684 or by visiting Chase.com.
Millenia Optical is the Premier Optical suite of Harlem, providing the community with the best prices for quality designer prescription frames and shades. Our Doctor is on premises Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for Routine and Medical eye exams. Our professional staff are experts in finding the perfect eyeglasses for your face shape and lifestyle. We specialize in exceptional customer service and will always go the extra mile.
Exclusive promotions for Columbia faculty and staff:
- $100 off Designer Frames
- Buy ONE get ONE free on designer Sunglasses (of equal or lesser value)
- Special pricing on prescription lenses
- Columbia ID must be presented to take advantage of these offerings
Location: 469 West 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
(Corner of Amsterdam Ave and 125th Street)
Phone: (646) 767-9159
Fax: (646) 767-9249
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), you have access to discounts, exclusive offers, and cash back bonuses on a range on consumer products and services.
Check out the deals by logging into TELUS Health (formerly LifeWorks). Login: Columbia / password: eap
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees.
Tickets can be ordered online or by calling 1-800-331-6483.
Our company code: CUMC
Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
Now available to faculty, students and staff.
To register for your free account:
- Visit Working Advantage
- Click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page
- Then click "Employees Click Here"
- Company code: 99042065
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
18% off per month and other discounts.
Please use the following number, Faculty/Staff FAN: 2498569, or visit: http://www.att.com/wireless/columbiau.
Because you're a Columbia University employee, you and your family get exclusive offers with T-Mobile Work Perks.
Save 15% on Go5G Plans and get premium UNLIMITED Talk, Text, and Data!
Requires 1 new line on Go5G Plus or Next Plan with Autopay and receive 15% discount on up to 5 lines.
To make the switch to T-Mobile, call the T-Mobile Perks Line at 855-570-9947 and mention your employer.
For more information on T-Mobile Work Perks, FAQs, and to check qualification online: T-Mobile Work Perks.
- New T-Mobile Customers – 1-855-570-9947
- Existing T-Mobile Customers – 1-877-334-7099
- T-Mobile Customer Care – 1-800-937-8997
Please mention Columbia University and remember to verify your employment: my.t-mobile.com/profile or the T-Mobile app.
Utilize your work email when verifying employment. Employees without a work email, please verify with your paystub or badge.
NOTE: You'll need to verify your employment status within 30 days of activation; otherwise you will not be eligible for T-Mobile Work Perks.
- Go to my.t-mobile.com/profile or the T-Mobile app.
- If you are not already on the Profile page, select Profile from the top right menu.
- Select Employment Verification.
- Confirm your employment status:
- Enter Company Name
- Enter First and Last Name
- Enter Employment Work Email
- Confirm Employment Work Email
- Enter Mailing Address
- If we are able to verify you immediately, you will see Employment Verification Verified. You are all set.
Offers subject to change without notice.
Get discounts on your monthly account level access fees on qualifying plans and enjoy discounts on eligible accessories.
To learn more and find out how you can get your Verizon Wireless discounts go to: https://www.verizon.com/discounts
Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without server) when signing up.
Verizon Deals at Work (formerly Verizon Connections)
Special Employee Discount on Verizon Home Internet
Exciting New Offer!! 5G Home Internet is now included in your employee discounts!
Now more employees have access to employee savings from Verizon.
Two great home Internet options at an exclusive employee rate:
- Verizon 5G Home Internet- Blazing-fast & reliable home internet. Game, stream & connect with the power of 5G.
- Fios Home Internet – With our 100% fiber-optic network you can enjoy smooth streaming, video conferencing and low lag gaming.
Your employee discounts:
- Available to new and existing Verizon Home Internet customers
- No contracts or bundles required
- Up to $10 off Verizon Fios Home Internet
- Up to $10 off Verizon 5G Home Internet
Offer is online only at verizon.com/dealsatwork
Signing Up Is Easy
- Visit verizon.com/dealsatwork
- Enter your work email address.
*If you don’t have a work email address, just click on “I don’t have a work email address” and follow prompts to verify employment
- You will receive an email with a shopping link from Verizon Notifications.
- Click on the embedded link in the email. Then follow the prompts to start saving!
For Verizon Home Internet discount related questions, please contact:
Have a Verizon mobile plan? With Select 5G Mobile plans, you may be eligible for additional savings on Verizon Home Internet plans.
NJ Transit offers full-time undergraduate and graduate students the option to purchase a bus, rail, or light rail monthly pass at 25 percent off the regular monthly pass price and has partnered with Columbia to offer this discount.
Learn more and enroll in this benefit via the Columbia Transportation website.
- Join as a Columbia University affiliate (students, faculty and staff) and receive a discount toward membership.
- Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city.
- Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive.
- Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
Travel planning service, at no cost, specializing in custom packages including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, Adventures by Disney, Royal Caribbean Cruises and all-inclusive resorts. Click on the link above to learn more and book your trip.
Hotels and Car Rentals
Hertz Car Rental Discounts for Personal Travel
Hertz negotiated rates for personal car rentals may be booked on the Online Booking Tool accessible via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
Hotel Discounts for Personal Travel
Access to competitive rates at over 44,000 hotel properties across the globe, from boutique hotels to major chains may be booked on the Online Booking Tool accessible via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
Note: New users must create an account to access the Online Booking Tool via the Columbia Visitors Travel Portal.
EAP Travel Discounts
TELUS Health, formerly LIfeWorks, Columbia's employee assistance provider, offers up to 60% discounts on travel, hotels, rental cars, and more. Check out the deals now. (login: Columbia password: eap)
- Visit the Office of Work/Life for wellness-related discounts on gym memberships, cycling, and nutrition.
- Get dental health discounts from Aetna for daily oral health care products.
- Sanvello Self-care App helps diffuse stress, anxiety, and depression through on-demand coaching techniques. Premium services are free to UnitedHealthcare members.
- Call a Life Coach at no cost for guidance in how to achieve your personal goals.
CUIT Computer Discounts
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Preferred Vendor List
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Goods and Services Catalog.
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
Procurement Services is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. Procurement is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Office of Procurement Services also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University's buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Procurement Services web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Procurement phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Procurement staff member.
The Employee Assistance Program offers free and discounted referral services:
- Free, 30-minute Legal, Mediation & Financial consultations and referrals to professional services. Call 844-636-1260 (TTY: 711)
- EAP 24-hour Hotline provides confidential counseling and referrals to professional services. Six free sessions with a certified counselor per topic. Call 844-636-1260 (TTY: 711)
- For more discounts and perks, visit TELUS Health