Discounts & Perks
Columbia University faculty and staff may take advantage of special pricing on a range of goods and services for work and/or personal use—from consumer electronics, to hotels, to event tickets.
Current Discounts & Perks
Arts Initiative at Columbia
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
ENROLL NOW for your FREE Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% OFF on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores (including Outlets), by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Offer: 15% OFF
Organization ID #: 06001
Organization Enrollment Pin: 72644
Organization Name: Corporate Shopping Company
When it comes to mortgages, Chase’s dedicated team can help you when buying or refinancing your home. Start now and get up to $750 of your mortgage. Get started now by call 1800-550-2684 or by clicking on the link below.
(For Hotels and Car Rentals, see Travel listings)
Millenia Optical is the Premier Optical suite of Harlem, providing the community with the best prices for quality designer prescription frames and shades. Our Doctor is on premises Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for Routine and Medical eye exams. Our professional staff are experts in finding the perfect eyeglasses for your face shape and lifestyle. We specialize in exceptional customer service and will always go the extra mile.
Exclusive promotions for Columbia faculty and staff:
- $100 off Designer Frames
- Buy ONE get ONE free on designer Sunglasses (of equal or lesser value)
- Special pricing on prescription lenses
- Columbia ID must be presented to take advantage of these offerings
Location: 469 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
(Corner of Amsterdam Ave and 125th Street)
Phone: (646) 767-9159
Fax: (646) 767-9249
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Humana, SpendLess is an online program that offers faculty and staff exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, The Children's Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PetSmart, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website
- Username: columbia
- Password: eap
- Click on "Click here for the Humana web site"
- On the site, move your cursor over the tab "What's On Your Mind" and choose "Daily Living" from the drop down menu
- You will find the "Discount Center" link on the right hand column
- Registration required.
Six Flags Great Adventure
Please use Working Advantage or TicketsatWork to purchase discounted Six Flags tickets
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees.
Tickets can be ordered online or by calling 1-800-331-6483.
Our company code: CUMC
Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
Now available to faculty, students and staff.
To register for your free account:
- Visit Working Advantage
- Click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page
- Then click "Employees Click Here"
- Company code: 99042065
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
18% off per month and other discounts.
Please use the following number, Faculty/Staff FAN: 2498569, or use vanity URL - http://www.att.com/wireless/columbiau.
Columbia University Employees can save up to $700 on the Magenta Plus with T-Mobile Perks. To order start new lines of service or add a line to your existing account please call (855) 570-9947 or go to a local T-Mobile retail store. You must identify yourself as Columbia employee. Your discount code is 4305155. You can also add the Perk using your new T-Mobile phone using the instructions listed below. For more information go to https://t-mo.co/3jJlZJw if you require additional support please email Nicholas Rohr at Nicholas.email@example.com or 914.259.8219.
Retail activations qualify for this discount!
Switch over to T-Mobile and we will pay up to $650.00 & more for your Early Termination Fee per line!!!!!
* Place orders through our T-Mobile Perks hotline at 855-570-9947 or at a local retail store.
* Port in your current number.
* AT&T & Verizon customer that have a remaining balance on their current handset and bring it over to T-Mobile and we will reimburse you up to $450!!!!!
Exclusive discount offers for Columbia University employees.
* Save up to $700 and get T-Mobile Magenta Plus!!!!
* AT&T & Verizon customers ask about the Keep and Switch offer works.
* Netflix On Us - with 2 lines or more.
* New T-Mobile Perks offers new customers a discounted Magenta Plus plan; it’s an all in 1 plan that includes Taxes and Fees:
Line 1 $80
Line 2 $130
Line 3 $130* Third voice line is Free Promo!
Line 4 $160* with Third voice line is Free Promo!
* T-Mobile Tuesdays! Where you get FREE stuff every Tuesday. Download the app TODAY!!!!
* Unlimited talk, text, and data!
* Unlimited Inflight Wi-Fi via Gogo
* Name ID & Voicemail-to-Text
* Unlimited HD Video streaming
* 2x International Data speeds
* Unlimited tethering (20GB at LTE speed)
* No-cost DIGITS number with each line
* Scam Shield
* No Contracts or Overage Charges
* Add up to 12 lines on a Family plan
* Unlimited talk, text & calls to Canada and Mexico
* Unlimited data, coverage in over 210+ countries, without signing an annual service contract. Even better, texting is free and calls are only 25 cents a minute.
* Latest LTE and 5GT Handsets
* Streaming Music & Video on select channels like Hulu and YouTube for FREE
* Free Shipping on new activations
* Generous 20-day return policy
How to verify your employment status:
1. Go to my.t-mobile.com/profile or open the T-Mobile app and log in.
2. If you are not already on the Profile page, select Profile from the top right menu.
3. Select Employment Verification.
4. Confirm your employment status:
• Enter Company Name
• Enter First and Last Name
• Enter Employment Work Email
• Confirm Employment Work Email
• Enter Mailing Address
Offers subject to change without notice.
Up to 19% off per month for qualifying plans, and other discounts.
Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without server) when signing up.
Verizon Connections Fios
Special Discount on Fios for Employees!
Now is the best time to switch to Fios.
Get an amazing internet and TV experience when you switch to Fios®, the 100% fiber-optic network. And with 99.99% network reliability, you can stay connected to more devices, all at the same time.
Want Internet? Pick your speed. Want to add TV? Get the plan that works for you.
Employee Discount with no bundles required. Transparent pricing. No extra fees.
New Customer offer:
Special employee price with no Annual Contract:
$34.99/mo. 200/200Mps plus taxes & equip. charges. +Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug.*
Want to stream more? Get Fios Gigabit Connection (940/880Mbps) for $74.99/mo. and also get Free Router Rental, Echo Show 5, Ring Stickup Cam and Free Stream TV Device *
Above rates include employee discount and Auto Pay discount. Plus tax and equipment. Offer expires 1/3/21.
Want to add TV? TV packages start as low as $50 per month, plus taxes and equipment charges.
Standard setup charge waived ($99 value) when order is placed at verizon.com/connections Orders placed by any other method do not qualify.
Already have Verizon Fios? Current Verizon customers with Internet, TV and home phone may be eligible for discounts of $10 off per month!
Signing Up Is Easy
1) Visit verizon.com/connections and enter your work email address.
Don’t have a work email address, select “I don’t have a work email address” and follow prompts to verify employment
2) You will receive an email with a shopping link from Verizon Connections.
3) Click on the embedded link in the email. Then follow the prompts to start saving!
Questions? Contact – Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Through Campus Travel Management, Columbians can receive free/discounted services for all their travel-related needs, including NYC hotels, airline reservations, and travel support services.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer commuter benefits.
- Join as a Columbia University affiliate (students, faculty and staff) and receive a discount toward membership.
- Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city.
- Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive.
- Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
Travel planning service, at no cost, specializing in custom packages including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, and Adventures by Disney. Click on the link above to learn more and book your trip.
Hotels and Car Rentals
Employees can save Up to 10% OFF select hotels at Hotels.com.
Offer: 10% OFF
Code: See site for discount code
To view all current Hotels.com Bonus Offers go to:
AVIS Car Rental
Employees can save UP TO 25% OFF Base Rates at Avis. Click on the link below or call 800-331-1212 and use discount code AWD#: D134100.
BUDGET Car Rental
Employees can save Up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Budget. Click on the link below or call 800-455-2848 and use discount code BCD#: Z408900.
To view all current Budget Bonus Offers go to:
HERTZ Car Rental
Employees can save Up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Hertz. Click on the link below or call 800-654-2210 and use discount code CDP#: 1742729.
ENTERPRISE Car Rental
Employees can save 5% OFF at Enterprise. Click on the link below and discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
To view all current Enterprise Bonus Offers go to:
CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Preferred Vendor List
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.