Discounts & Perks
Columbia University faculty and staff may take advantage of special pricing on a range of goods and services for work and/or personal use—from consumer electronics, to hotels, to event tickets.
Current Discounts & Perks
Arts Initiative at Columbia
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
ENROLL NOW for your FREE Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% OFF on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores (including Outlets), by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Offer: 15% OFF
Organization ID #: 06001
Organization Enrollment Pin: 72644
Organization Name: Corporate Shopping Company
When it comes to mortgages, Chase’s dedicated team can help you when buying or refinancing your home. Start now and get up to $750 of your mortgage. Get started now by call 1800-550-2684 or by clicking on the link below.
(For Hotels and Car Rentals, see Travel listings)
Millenia Optical is the Premier Optical suite of Harlem, providing the community with the best prices for quality designer prescription frames and shades. Our Doctor is on premises Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for Routine and Medical eye exams. Our professional staff are experts in finding the perfect eyeglasses for your face shape and lifestyle. We specialize in exceptional customer service and will always go the extra mile.
Exclusive promotions for Columbia faculty and staff:
- $100 off Designer Frames
- Buy ONE get ONE free on designer Sunglasses (of equal or lesser value)
- Special pricing on prescription lenses
- Columbia ID must be presented to take advantage of these offerings
Location: 469 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
(Corner of Amsterdam Ave and 125th Street)
Phone: (646) 767-9159
Fax: (646) 767-9249
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Humana, SpendLess is an online program that offers faculty and staff exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, The Children's Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PetSmart, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website
- Username: columbia
- Password: eap
- Click on "Click here for the Humana web site"
- On the site, move your cursor over the tab "What's On Your Mind" and choose "Daily Living" from the drop down menu
- You will find the "Discount Center" link on the right hand column
- Registration required.
Six Flags Great Adventure
Please use Working Advantage or TicketsatWork to purchase discounted Six Flags tickets
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees.
Tickets can be ordered online or by calling 1-800-331-6483.
Our company code: CUMC
Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
Now available to faculty, students and staff.
To register for your free account:
- Visit Working Advantage
- Click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page
- Then click "Employees Click Here"
- Company code: 99042065
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
18% off per month and other discounts.
Please use the following number, Faculty/Staff FAN: 2498569, or use vanity URL - http://www.att.com/wireless/columbiau.
Columbia University Faculty and Staff Save with Sprint. New and Current customers are eligible for monthly savings on select Sprint service plans.
*Available for you and your family!
- Latest offers and store locator
- Use the corporate code: GVVRT_ZZZ
Want to Receive Your Discount?
- Visit www.sprint.com/verify.
- Enter in your mobile phone number on the Sprint network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the discount.
- Click on the link you will receive in your work email (you may be asked to upload a copy of your CU ID or paystub).
- This will activate your discount and verify your employment. You should expect to see the discount on your bill within 1 to 2 billing cycles.
- Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without server) when signing up.
Current Sprint Customer?
Refer a friend and get a $50 rewards card for you and them. Up to $500 a year. Visit sprint.com/referral
For more information or assistance, contact Amanda Pagán-Glass, Sprint Works Program, Account Manager at email@example.com
Columbia University Employees can save up to 33% on the Amplified plan for the standard low price of T-Mobile Magenta! To order, start new lines of service or add a line to your existing account, please call (855) 570-9947. You must identify yourself as Columbia employee and mention promo code 12713TMOFAV.
If you require additional support please call David Holdwright at (973) 960-4499 or email him at David.holdwright@T-Mobile.com. RETAIL ACTIVATIONS DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS OFFER.
Switch over to T-Mobile and we will pay up to $650.00 & more for your Early Termination Fee per line!!!!!
· Place orders through our Advantage hotline at 855-570-9947 mention promo code 12713TMOFAV
· Purchase a new device with EIP
· Port in your current number.
Exclusive discount offers for Columbia University employees .
· Save up to 33%, and get Amplified for the standard low price of T-Mobile Magenta!!!!
· Ask about how to use Get Out Of The Red OFFER!!!!
· Netflix On Us – with 2 lines or more
· New T-Mobile Amplified were its an all in 1 plan that includes taxes and fees Family of 4 $40.00 per line or 3 lines for $140.00 limited time offer!!!
· 55+ can now receive 2 lines for $70.00 a month. Based off the T-Mobile Magenta pricing
· T-Mobile Tuesdays Where you get FREE stuff every Tuesday. Download the app TODAY!!!!
· All the unlimited talk, text, and data of standard T-Mobile ONE
· Unlimited Inflight Wi-Fi via Gogo
· Name ID & Voicemail-to-Text
· Unlimited HD Video streaming
· 2x International Data speeds
· Unlimited tethering (20GB at LTE speed)
· No-cost DIGITS number with each line
· Unlimited Talk, Text & LTE Data
· No Contracts or Overage Charges
· Add up to 12 lines on a Family plan
· Unlimited talk, text & calls to Canada and Mexico
· Unlimited data, coverage in over 210+ countries, without signing an annual service contract. Even better, texting is free and calls are only 20 cents a minute.
· Latest LTE Handsets
· Streaming Music & Video on select channels like Hulu and YouTube for FREE
· Free Shipping on new activations
· Generous 20-day return policy
RETAIL ACTIVATIONS DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS OFFER
EXISTING customers (you already have T-Mobile service and want to sign up for the program benefits)
Email David.Holdwright@t-mobile.com for more details.
55+ plan is based on the T-Mobile ONE rate plan ( not eligible for Netflix On Us )
Subject to change without notice*
Up to 19% off per month for qualifying plans, and other discounts.
Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without server) when signing up.
Verizon Connections Fios
With the new Verizon Mix & Match platform, pick the internet and TV plans that match your needs, and save with your employee discount. No more bundles and no more contracts!
This discount applies to NEW or EXISTING Verizon customers, with qualifying services.
Visit verizon.com/connections for additional details and to enroll.
Your employee discount:
New for 2020: Employee discount for standalone internet service!
Internet Only = $5 off/ mo.
Internet + TV = $5 off/ mo.
Internet + TV + Home Phone = $10 off/ mo.
Order new service online today at verizon.com/connections and we will waive your standard setup charge ($99.99 savings).
Signing Up Is Easy
- Visit verizon.com/connections
- Enter your work email address.
*If you don’t have a work email address, just click on “I don’t have a work email address” and follow prompts to verify employment
- You will receive an email with a shopping link from Verizon Connections.
- Click on the embedded link in the email. Then follow the prompts to start saving!
For Verizon Fios discount related questions, please contact: Catherine.p.Fitzmaurice@verizon.com
Have a Verizon mobile plan? In addition to your employee discount, you may qualify for Mobile + Home monthly discounts. Get up to $10/mo off your Verizon Wireless bill and up to $10/mo off your Fios bill. Plus, get $10/mo toward your next phone or tablet. Download the My Verizon Mobile App and enroll in Verizon Up.
Through Campus Travel Management, Columbians can receive free/discounted services for all their travel-related needs, including NYC hotels, airline reservations, and travel support services.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer commuter benefits.
- Join as a Columbia University affiliate (students, faculty and staff) and receive a discount toward membership.
- Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city.
- Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive.
- Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
Travel planning service, at no cost, specializing in custom packages including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, and Adventures by Disney. Click on the link above to learn more and book your trip.
Hotels and Car Rentals
Employees can save Up to 10% OFF select hotels at Hotels.com.
Offer: 10% OFF
Code: See site for discount code
To view all current Hotels.com Bonus Offers go to:
AVIS Car Rental
Employees can save UP TO 25% OFF Base Rates at Avis. Click on the link below or call 800-331-1212 and use discount code AWD#: D134100.
BUDGET Car Rental
Employees can save Up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Budget. Click on the link below or call 800-455-2848 and use discount code BCD#: Z408900.
To view all current Budget Bonus Offers go to:
HERTZ Car Rental
Employees can save Up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Hertz. Click on the link below or call 800-654-2210 and use discount code CDP#: 1742729.
ENTERPRISE Car Rental
Employees can save 5% OFF at Enterprise. Click on the link below and discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
To view all current Enterprise Bonus Offers go to:
CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Preferred Vendor List
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.