Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a network of free services, provided by Humana, to help you and your household members cope with issues experienced in everyday life. Services include short-term confidential counseling, wellness resources and tools to help you be successful in the workplace.
Username: Columbia Password: eap
Note: You do not have to be covered by a Columbia medical plan.
The EAP provides adoption services and resources including:
- Assistance with domestic and international adoption agencies
- Support with stepchild adoptions and foster parent programs
- Resources to help understand international regulations (e.g., details on inter-country adoption and The Hague Convention)
- Educational resources, such as government websites on international adoption
- Literature to educate parents on the adoption process (e.g., types of options when adopting a child, private vs. agency adoptions and financial aid resources)
- Confidential 24/7 counseling and referral
- Talk with licensed Master's or Ph.D.-level mental health and substance abuse professionals—and referrals to a nationwide network of 20,000 counselors
- Short-term counseling of up to three sessions per topic (e.g., stress, anxiety, relationship issues)
- Wellness, nutrition and health living resources
- Identity theft protection
- Adult/Elder care research and referral services
- Life coaches available by phone, email or online chat
- Everyday needs referrals (e.g., travel arrangements, pet care, movers, restaurant recommendations)
- Monthly wellness tips, new recipes, motivational videos, exercises and healthy lifestyle encouragement.
- Free 30-minute consultations with attorneys, CPAs, mediators and financial counselors
- 25% discount on additional legal and preparation services
- Financial wellness guidance and planning
*Legal services provided by Humana, the University's EAP provider.
- Do-it-yourself document preparation with state-specific, fillable legal forms, including wills, living wills, power of attorney, etc.