Image Carousel with 7 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
What you need to know.
Use or lose 2019 FSA
funds by March 31
IRS Increases Healthcare FSA
and Transit/Parking Limits
For Extra Coverage
your health benefits?
The University’s Health and Welfare benefits include programs that provide medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance and disability benefits to eligible faculty and staff.
Every employee is part of an employment group. Find yours:
Officers include academic and non-academic personnel:
- Officers of Instruction (faculty)
- Officers of Research (includes Associate Research Scientists/Scholars and Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars)*
- Officers of the Libraries
- Officers of Administration
Postdoctoral Fellows include full-time Postdoctoral Clinical Fellows and Postdoctoral Research Fellow (part-time Fellows and Residency Fellows do not qualify).*
Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars are Officers.
Support Staff include includes administrative and other staff, as well as all union members. The acronyms for these groups are:
- NUSS: Non-Union Support Staff
- SSA: Support Staff Association members
- TWU: Transit Workers Union members
- LOCAL 2110: Technical, Office and Support Staff union members
- UNIONS: Members of Local 1199, Local 32B-32J, Local 100, MEBA and MM&P unions
All Officers and Support Staff who are currently retired should view the Retiree Benefits website. Officers and staff who are approaching retirement may want review the "Prospective Retirees" pages for information and planning resources.
The Retiree Benefits website covers all benefits information for prospective and currently-retired Officers and Support Staff.
March 31, 2020 is the deadline to submit 2019 FSA claims to UnitedHealthcare.
If you are a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) participant and meet other eligibility requirements, it’s not too late to contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA).
The IRS recently announced new contribution limits for the Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transit/Parking Reimbursement Program (T/PRP).