Image Carousel with 4 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
2022 Benefits Open Enrollment (Nov. 1 -19)
Attend an Information Forum
your health benefits?
For Extra Coverage
The University’s benefits include programs that provide medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, and tax savings accounts to eligible faculty and staff.
Every employee is part of an employment group. Find yours:
Officers include academic and non-academic personnel:
- Officers of Instruction (faculty)
- Officers of Research (includes Associate Research Scientists/Scholars and Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars)*
- Officers of the Libraries
- Officers of Administration
Postdoctoral Fellows include full-time Postdoctoral Clinical Fellows and Postdoctoral Research Fellow (part-time Fellows and Residency Fellows do not qualify).*
Postdoctoral Research Scientists/Scholars are Officers.
Support Staff include includes administrative and other staff, as well as all union members. The acronyms for these groups are:
- NUSS: Non-Union Support Staff
- SSA: Support Staff Association members
- TWU: Transit Workers Union members
- LOCAL 2110: Technical, Office and Support Staff union members
- UNIONS: Members of Local 1199, Local 32B-32J, Local 100, MEBA and MM&P unions
All Officers and Support Staff who are currently retired should view the Retiree Benefits website. Officers and staff who are approaching retirement may want review the "Prospective Retirees" pages for information and planning resources.
The Retiree Benefits website covers all benefits information for prospective and currently-retired Officers and Support Staff.
Check your balance, update your contribution, or sign up for the Transit/Parking Reimbursement Program (T/PRP) today.
To support your health and well-being, we offer a variety of programs and resources through UnitedHealthcare as part of your Columbia University benefits.
As you navigate all of life’s challenges, taking care of your emotional well-being is important.