Course description : Influencing Without Authority teaches a process to follow when employees need to motivate people who are not their direct reports and who may not be inclined to help.
Category: Formal Presentations & Public Speaking
Target audience: Any staff member who needs to influence others whom they do not directly supervise. This can include influencing peers, students, faculty, customers or even one’s own manager.
By the end of this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Understand the law of reciprocity and how it forms the basis of all successful influence
- Recognize when to influence and how to overcome barriers to success
- Discover the model of “Influencing Without Authority" and how to be effective in its 6 elements
- Learn your baseline influencing style and how/when to flex to an alternate style for greater success
- Follow a roadmap for an influencing conversation to bring it to a successful conclusion