This workshop provides techniques for adopting a creative mindset and removing barriers to creativity. Learners at all levels in their careers will be introduced to tools that help produce innovative ideas, refine their thoughts around innovation and maintain a creative mindset and innovative culture.
Target audience: faculty, managers and staff who are looking for new ways to approach the day-to-day and special projects.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Know how to begin thinking creatively
- Define innovation and the components necessary for successful innovation to occur
- Recognize how creativity and innovation work together to generate a new service, good or process
- Discuss the importance of curiosity and its role in developing a creative mindset.
- Identify convergent and divergent thinkers and their roles in creativity and innovation.
- Illustrate the effect of functional fixedness on the creative mind.
- Describe the concept of failing fast and how failure is imperative to the creative process.
- Be better able to support their team members, managers and the organization, no matter where they work.
Price: $100 - please have your Chartstring available at the time of registration.