A basic web search for the word “scholarship” yields nearly 200 million results. Many parents — particularly those with minimal to no need-based aid eligibility — are counting on scholarships to reduce their children’s college costs. But with so many options, most families don’t know how to efficiently find scholarships their child has a greater likelihood of receiving. This program will streamline the scholarship search process, teaching you how to:
- Understand the difference between college-based and privately funded scholarships
- Strategically develop a college list to maximize college-based scholarship funding
- Identify the best sources of outside scholarships and avoid scams
- Organize the scholarship application process
- Fit scholarships into an overall college finance plan
- This topic is suggested for parents/guardians of 9th – 12th graders.
Login Username: columbia | Password: Benefits4You