Nutrition can have a major impact on our bodies, brains and overall well-being. Eating well is important, especially when it comes to getting enough fruits and vegetables in your diet. Discover ways to prioritize mindful eating this month and build some healthy habits.
Did you know?
Only 1 in 10 adults in the U.S. eats enough fruits and vegetables.
Three ways to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet:
- Add fruit to cereal, yogurt or granola with breakfast
- Prep fruits and vegetables so they’re easy to grab for a snack
- Try some new salad recipes
Stop by a local farmers’ market
GrowNYC’s farmers’ markets are available at two campus locations, offering fresh, healthy and regional food to the Columbia community.
Tips for mindful eating:
- Plan ahead when grocery shopping
- Buy quality foods and shop locally
- Get produce that’s in season – it’s tastier and more nutritious
- Eat mindfully with T.A.S.T.E.
Discover more tips for mindful, healthy eating, along with a recipe to try.