Columbia Benefits and Pay
Columbia University offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, tax savings accounts, retirement savings plans, tuition benefits, life insurance and disability coverage—to name just a few.
Your Benefits & Pay
We are committed to providing faculty and staff with valuable benefits and resources to help support their health and well-being. The University offers a full range of benefits to help you and your eligible dependents stay healthy, build long-term financial security for retirement, meet your educational goals and much more.
Whether you're a new or prospective employee, we encourage you to learn more about the benefits, programs and resources on the Benefits home page.
CUBES, Columbia University's benefits enrollment system, gives you secure access to personalized information about your benefits. The site is available 24/7 from any computer with Internet access.
Important: You must enroll for benefits within 31 days of your date of hire.
- After your new hire information is processed, you will receive an automated email at your Columbia email address confirming that you may log in to CUBES and enroll in benefits.
- Go to CUBES and enter your UNI and password. Then, confirm your access using multi-factor authentication (DUO). If you do not know your UNI and password, go to http://uni.columbia.edu.
For further assistance with DUO or your UNI and password, please contact the CUIT (Columbia University Information Technology) Service Desk: 212-854-1919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select “Get Started” to begin the election process. Then, select “Choose on My Own” to make your benefits choices Please be sure to “CHECKOUT” to finish the enrollment process and review your Benefits Details page.
- Carefully review your Benefits Details page before exiting CUBES. If you see a problem or want to make a change, simply go back into the online system and modify your election. You may print this confirmation if you would like a paper copy of your benefits enrollment.
- Now is also a good time to review your retirement investments. Select “Retirement” on the top navigation to review and/or make changes. Please be sure to “Save and Continue.” Print your confirmation from the Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan Summary page if you would like a paper copy.
If you have questions, contact the Columbia Benefits Service Center: 212-851-7000 or email@example.com.
Check your pay and personal information on myColumbia. Log in with your UNI and password and then confirm your access using multi-factor authentication (DUO). If you do not know your UNI and password, go to http://uni.columbia.edu.
- For further assistance with DUO or your UNI and password, please contact the CUIT (Columbia University Information Technology) Service Desk: 212-854-1919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on managing your work time and time off, speak with your manager and review Workplace Essentials for more information.