Workplace Accommodations

Faculty and Staff with permanent or temporary medical conditions may have a spectrum of needs that can be addressed by the CUHR Leave Management Office. 

The Office provides the following services to support you:

  • Arrange permanent or temporary accommodations in an employee's workplace
  • Assist employees in understanding the medical leave policies, benefits and documentation they may need to submit
  • Ease their transition from a medical leave back to work at the University
  • Be a resource on disability-related issues in the workplace

Requesting Workplace Accommodation

Whether an employee is returning from a medical leave, has a chronic condition, or needs an accommodation for a temporary injury or the effects of a medical procedure, the CUHR Leave Management Office can coordinate with the employee's department, when appropriate, to get them what they need. If an employee needs a workplace accommodation, please have the employee submit a Request for Reasonable Accommodation form and a Disability Release form to CUHR Leave Management. The employee can also contact the office for a confidential consultation.

University policies conform to the provision of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Important info