Postdoctoral Fellows - Benefits Eligibility
Eligibility begins on your date of appointment. Log in to CUBES to see the benefits and options you are eligible for, as well as monthly cost.
Are you unsure if you are a Postdoctoral Fellow? Learn about Employment Groups.
- Benefits Eligibility
- Full-Time Postdoctoral Clinical Fellows and
Postdoctoral Research Fellows not receiving salary
- Eligible for:
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus 80 Medical, Basic Vision and Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Optional Vision Coverage
- Child Care benefit of $4,000 ( Postdoctoral Research Fellows only)
- Basic Life Insurance of $50,000
- Tuition Exemption for the American Language Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Ineligible Postdoctoral Fellows
Part-Time Postdoctoral Fellows are not eligible for coverage under Columbia University benefits.
For most University benefits, including Medical, Vision and Dental, your dependents can be covered if you verify they are your:
- Legal spouse;
- Legally-dependent child(ren), including adopted children and stepchildren;
Go to Dependent Eligibility to learn more.