Current Retiree - Officers Retirement Programs
As an Officer of Columbia University, you were eligible for two types of retirement savings plans:
- Columbia University Retirement Plan for Officers (the University contributed to a retirement plan on your behalf)
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan (you contributed to a retirement plan and made contributions through paycheck deductions.
There are several options available to you at retirement for these plans. You can either:
- Leave your assets in their current investments until age 70½;
- Roll over the assets to a successor plan (e.g. an IRA); or
- Take a lump sum distribution.
For more information, contact TIAA or Vanguard
If you participated in the Columbia University 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, upon retirement you may:
- Take a lump sum distribution
- Transfer assets to a new employer's eligible 457(b) Plan
- Set up fixed period payments
- Defer until age 65 or 70½
For more information, please contact Vanguard.
Note: A decision for your 457(b) plan must be made within 150 days of your retirement date.