Health Advocate offers services to help faculty and staff—and their families resolve healthcare issues and health insurance challenges. Personal Health Advocates are available by phone at 866-799-2725 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. You can also contact Health Advocate 24 hours a day, seven days a week to get started.
Personal Health Advocates are nurses with more than 10 years of experience in clinical care and case management; they are benefits experts with more than five years of experience in benefits administration and claims management; and they are trained clinical professionals (e.g., social workers, behavior change counselors, nutritionists, dieticians, dental care and pharmacy management).
Win a Fitbit Charge 3
From now until September 30, 2019, Health Advocate is running a contest on our member website and mobile app to win a Fitbit Charge 3:
- Go to HealthAdvocate.com/members.
- Type the name of your organization, select it from the drop-down box. If you do not see your organization's name, then select "other" from the drop-down box.
- In the News section, click on the link advertising the contest—use the orange arrow to scroll through multiple news alerts, if necessary.
- You will be taken to a web page to fill out your contest entry—fill out all the required fields and click "Submit".
Health Advocates Help You
- Find the right doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers; expedite appointments
- Explain complex medical conditions; research and locate the latest treatments
- Coordinate care and schedule follow-up visits; facilitate second opinions; transfer X-rays and medical records
- Arrange specialized treatments and tests; answer questions about results, treatment options and prescribed medications
- Clarify benefits including copays; help facilitate access to appropriate care
- Offer personal contact with nurses to support treatment decisions
- Resolve insurance claims; negotiate billing
- Help locate eldercare service
- Negotiations for uncovered medical or dental bill with a balance of $400 or more
- Use of critical pricing trend information
- Easy-to-read Savings Result Statement that summarizes negotiation outcome
- Provider sign-off on payment terms and conditions
- Quick-Pay Fund available in applicable instances
- Retirees transitioning to a new health plan
- How to enroll in Medicare; dependents under 65
- Clarify Medicare Parts A, B, D and supplemental plans
- Locate eldercare services that fall outside traditional healthcare coverage
Assist with the transition from traditional insurance to Medicare HMO
Help locate providers and services, schedule appointments for medical tests, specialists or second opinions
Clinical experts answer questions about diagnoses, test results, medications and treatment options
Advocates find in-home care, special day camps, group homes and school-and community-based services
Get help to locate autism-spectrum disorder-friendly doctors, dentists, hair dressers and leading treatment centers