The Benefits department hosts retirement planning workshops designed to help Officers and Support Staff make decisions about their retirement planning and personal finances. These workshops are presented by an independent certified financial planner and are either half-day or full-day sessions.
See the Events Calendar for upcoming retirement workshops.
The workshops are offered to the following groups:
- Officers Ages 21-39
- Officers Ages 40+
- Support Staff Ages 21-39
- Support Staff Ages 40+
The topics covered during the workshops include:
- Health Benefits during Retirement and Introduction to Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning, Distribution of Assets and Federal Gift and Estate Tax
- Retirement Income Sources
- Investment Discussions
- Cash and Debt Management
- College Planning
- Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Estate Planning for Employees early in their career
These workshops are advertised throughout the year so please register to attend one.