Accident Insurance

Accident insurance

Nobody wants to think about accidents. Accident insurance can help you pay for expenses that come with accidents, like medical bills, hospital transportation and physical therapy. This coverage can help you worry less about medical bills and focus more on getting better. 

The University's Accident insurance (also known as Accidental Injury insurance) is provided by Cigna.

How it works

  • Pay for coverage with payroll deductions.
  • University employees, spouses and eligible children can be covered.
  • Accidents occurring at work and off site are covered.
  • Plan pays a set benefit amount in cash based on type of injury and required treatment.
    • Use benefit payment as you wish.
  • Benefits paid no matter what other insurance you have.
  • Take policy with you when no longer work for the University.

If you have questions or wish to enroll in this benefit, call Farmington, the University’s Voluntary Benefits administrator: 866-494-4498. 

More Information