Hospital Indemnity insurance can help you pay for expenses when you are in the hospital, for planned or unplanned medical services. This coverage helps ease the financial impact of hospitalization.
The University's Hospital Indemnity insurance (also known as Hospital Care insurance) is provided by Cigna.
How it works
- Pay for coverage with payroll deductions.
- University employees, spouses and eligible children can be covered.
- Plan pays a set benefit amount, following hospitalization, based on type of injury and required treatment.
- Use benefit payment for hospital admission, intensive care and other costs associated with a hospital stay, including child care.
- Benefits paid no matter what other insurance you have.
- Take policy with you if you end University employment.
If you have questions, please contact the Columbia Benefits Service Center: 212-851-7000 or email [email protected].