Pet insurance can help provide your pets with the best medical care possible, including treatments, surgeries, lab fees, X-rays and prescriptions. Policyholders can visit any licensed veterinarian, veterinary specialist or animal hospital in the world, and have access to a 24/7 helpline staffed by licensed veterinarians.
The University's Pet Insurance is provided by Nationwide.
How it works
- You pay for coverage with payroll deductions
- Cost does not increase with pet age or breed
- Each pet is issued an individual policy
- After $250 deductible, plan reimburses you for 90% of eligible vet bills
- Maximum benefit amount $7,500 is restored every year
- Take policy with you if you end University employment
If you have questions or wish to enroll in this benefit, call Farmington, the University’s Voluntary Benefits administrator: 866-494-4498.
Insure Your Best Friend video: