Need to find temporary staff for a short-term employee replacement? Do you need additional resources for a project? Do you need to payroll a candidate you have identified? The Temporary Staffing Office is your one-stop resource for all contingent workforce needs.
New Timesheet Portal
TAMS has been retired. Please contact us to be set up as a user in the new system, VNDLY.
What We Do
The Columbia Temporary Staffing Office serves as the single point of contact across the University for hiring temporary (contingent) staff. The first step is to discuss your requirements. We work with staffing agencies across New York and will find you the best temporary contractor for all of your staffing needs.
Note: Current Columbia University students cannot be hired as temporary contractors but instead as Work-Study or Student Casual Employees.
We manage multiple employment vendor partners to ensure:
- Your labor needs are met rapidly and efficiently.
- Contracts adhere to all collective bargaining unit agreements.
- HR policies regulating temporary placements are followed.
Why Use Our Services?
- 24 hour phone access throughout the year.
- Online timesheets: Submit and approve timesheets using our web portal: VNDLY
- Monthly invoicing in ARC: Approved timesheets are invoiced on a consolidated, monthly basis directly through Columbia’s accounting system.
- Easy onboarding: Our vendors find and vet talent, conduct screening and reference checks, and hire candidates on their payroll.
- Best rates: We negotiate preferred rates with our vendor partner networ.k
- Compliance: We take care of all applicable employment laws and internal policies with our vendors (including taxation regulations, I-9 form, Worker’s Compensation and other insurance).
New York's Local Law 67 prohibits employers in New York City from inquiring about or relying on an applicant's salary history during the hiring process. See Salary History Inquiries (NYC Local Law 67)