Columbia University has two fully-equipped gyms with regular fitness programs, available at reduced membership rates to the Columbia community.
Columbia also offers discount memberships at NYC gyms, and some health plans provide free or discounted fitness programs.
The Dodge Fitness Center provides Columbia students, faculty, staff, alumni and affiliates fitness opportunities and exercise space right on campus. Membership allows access to a variety of fitness options:
- Access to tri-level fitness center, open 114 hours per week during the academic year and 90 hours during the summer
- Access to eight-lane, 25-yard swimming pool
- Access to our indoor running track
- Access to open recreation hours in Levien and Blue Gymnasiums, as well as squash/racquetball courts
- Free equipment checkout
- Towel and locker service (additional fee may apply)
- And personal trainers, classes, and group sport programs for additional fees
The Dodge Fitness Center is open 114 hours each week during the academic year, and as late as midnight from Sunday through Thursday to accommodate any schedule.
Dodge Fitness Center 336
3030 Broadway Dodge, Mail Code 1900
New York, NY 10027
COVID-19 Update: The center is closed to everyone except undergraduates.
We are conveniently located in the heart of the Medical Center campus at 50 Haven Ave. Athletic Center, Basement Levels 2 and 3. We help thousands of CUIMC students, faculty, and staff work out and improve your health. Membership in the Bard Athletic Center covers our facilities and equipment, including:
- Locker rooms, restrooms, and sauna
- Cardio room
- Aerobics room
- Free weight room
- Strength training room
- Basketball court
- Squash court
50 Haven Athletic Center
Basement Levels 2 and 3
350 Haven Ave
New York, NY 10032